The Westerly Granite Industry


Babcock-Smith House Museum
124 Granite Street
Westerly, RI   02891
401-596-5704
babcocksmithhouse@gmail.com

The Site of the Sullivan Granite Company

The Sullivan Granite Company began operations in Westerly in 1907 with the purchase of fifty acres of the Crumb Quarry site in Bradford. Over the next twelve years the Sullivan Granite Company brought additional quarry properties including the Klondike Quarry and the Newall Quarry. The company then owned about 700 acres inclluding some of the most valuable granite quarries in the nation.

Click here for larger image.

 

Back to Top

 

© 2012 Babcock-Smith House Museum